What To Know: Apple’s iPhone 5S & iPhone 5C Keynote
>By James Lenhart
Major news came out of Apple’s Town Hall yesterday morning about two new phones that will be made available to the public this month. Here are some notes to take from yesterday’s keynote:
- Two new phones will replace the existing models available — including the 5.
- iPhone 5C comes in Five Colors (shown above) and it’s $99 dollars with an upgrade to the front-facing camera.
- iPhone 5S is the same price as the 5, and will be available to buy on Sept. 20th.
- The 5S has a fingerprint scanner, better camera, additional motion sensor, and comes in Silver, Gold, or Black.
- New cases to be sold by Apple for the 5C and 5S.
- iOS 7 will be available on Sept. 18th.
- iWork Apps are completely free now.
- Major software improvements. Expect a drastic design change if you haven’t kept up on what it will look like. See screens below.
I was hoping to hear some news about a watch, but unfortunately that didn’t happen. Maybe next time… Perhaps they are testing the M7 chip before they put it into their watches. I’m sure I forgot a couple other things — feel free to add your knowledge to the comments below!