[E.07] allGeek Every Week – Who calls you the chief?
>By James Lenhart
We’ve got news on new mobile products, apps, and some troubling news with several CEO’s across different companies. Plenty of killer games and new stuff to be excited about in the gaming industry. Nintendo 3ds will be released in 2 months, and launching with many games on release date. Another great podcast from yours truly. Make sure that you leave a comment at the bottom of this post if you have one, or send us an email.
I hope to have an interview lined for next weeks episode, so wish us luck. If you’re someone who has a product line, or maybe your a geek in the tech industry. Give us a call or email us, and we’ll figure out the schedule and you have you on the show ASAP. Thanks again for listening.
- 1984 – The Apple Macintosh, the first consumer computer to popularize the computer mouse and the graphical user interface, is introduced during Super Bowl XVIII with its famous “1984” television commercial.
- Kmart becomes the largest retailer in United States history to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- 3D Sun for iPhone doctor tony phillips llc
- 3D Sun for iPad
- Lunar Electric Rover Simulator App for iPhone
- NASA App for iPhone
- NASA App HD for iPad
- NASA Images for iPhone
- NASA Spinoff for Android
- Space Images for iPhone
- Space Weather Viewer for iPhone
- Carrier Problems
- Device Problems
- 4g and HSPA+ are not the same thing. However, there are different versions of HSPA+, and the next generation will support up to 168mpbs, which vastly overpowers current “4G” service. Tmobile says their 4G (HSPA+) network download speeds peak at 21mbps, which competes with verizons (supposedly).
- T-Mobile is saying they have America’s largest 4g network…? T-Mobile: “Currently, our 4G network is offered in 100 metropolitan areas, covering 200 million people across the U.S. — that’s more than any other wireless company.”
- ATT Plans to launch their LTE network mid 2011 yet apple refuses to release a 4G devil phone….. *sigh*
- Verizon will be releasing phones like the Droid Bionic, Htc Thunderbolt
NFC Apps & Similar Apps
- Two cameras on front wtf?
- One front facing camera
- Augmented reality will be huge with this device
- Nintendo is reporting that 30 game titles will be available on launch day.
- Possible Video Communicator
- * Kid Icarus: Uprising, the long-awaited franchise follow-up to the NES classic.
- * Mario Kart, which shows off the potential of driving and tossing bananas in 3D.
- * nintendogs + cats, a new version of the best-selling nintendogs franchise that lets players interact even more with their virtual puppies – and kittens!
- * PilotWings Resort, a flying simulation that lets players soar above Wuhu Island.
- * Animal Crossing, a new installment of the charming community-building franchise.
- * StarFox 64 3D, a game that demonstrates the true distance and depth of outer space using Nintendo’s well-known franchise.
- * Steel Diver, a new submarine-navigation game from Nintendo.
- * Paper Mario, which brings paper-based 2D environments to life.
Nintendo 3DS also comes to market with the strongest third-party support of any video game system in Nintendo history. Third-party games on display at the Nintendo booth at the E3 Expo include:
- * DJ Hero 3D from Activision
- * RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS from Capcom
- * The Sims 3 from Electronic Arts
- * HIDEO KOJIMA’S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D “The Naked Sample” from Konami
- * Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles (name not final) from LEVEL-5
- * RIDGE RACER (name not final) from Namco Bandai Games
- * KINGDOM HEARTS franchise game from Square Enix
- * DEAD OR ALIVE 3D (name not final) from Tecmo Koei Games
- * SAMURAI WARRIORS 3D from Tecmo Koei Games
- * Battle of Giants: Dinosaur Strike from Ubisoft
- * Hollywood 61 (name not final) from Ubisoft
- buy a game for ps3, get it for pc for free
- ps3 & pc/mac play together
- cross platform chat
- cloud based save game storage
- check link for full story and reviews, but here is quick list of games covered
- 1.18.11 – Challenge Me: Brain Puzzles 2 – DS, PC, Wii
- 1.18.11 – LittleBigPlanet 2 – PS3
- 1.18.11 – Mass Effect 2 – 360, PC, PS3
- 1.18.11 – Mindjack – 360, PS3
- 1.18.11 – PDC World Championship Darts – DS, Wii
- 1.18.11 – Plants Vs. Zombies – DS
- 1.18.11 Ys I & II Chronicles
Neosaurs, a game we talked about in an earlier podcast, which was restricted to lvl 25 in beta. New parts of the world have become available.
- NOTAM – Notice to Airman
- FAA conducts test on GPS in SE region of the US
- My GPS was acting funny, and no it wasnt a placebo effect. It really wasnt working
- Faa Says “ Several test events will be conducted and will be active for 45 minutes followed by 15 minutes of off time”
- Google keeps Sundar from going to Twitter
- Probably paid his ass a lot of money or secks.
- I wonder if he was even serious about going though since Twitter isn’t a profitably company. They are literally running on loan money given to them by partners,and are probably hoping someone will buy them soon.
- Google’s been known to pay serious money to keep people
- 2004 Steve was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
- He took medical leave a little over a year ago in 2009 for the same reason.
- Back in 1985 steve left apple, and shares were $4. When he returned in 1996 they were only $6. Now they are close to $350 and showing signs up getting better
- Steve is a valuable asset to Apple and they definitely need him to get better.
Eric Schmidt – Google CEO Replaced
- Eric will be replaced in april by one of the original founders of Google
- The decision comes by great surprise
- But I think it will be good for the company
Google Launches Groupon like service
- Some other google news. Google released groupon like service
- Groupon maybe made a bad choice in not taking the 6 billion
- Well see what happens this year, they also plan to launch a Facebook like profile platform
- With 38 yr Old Larry Page taking over the company again we will see some younger and innovative ideas I think
- Facebook like platform, and new ad services is defnitely in Google’s future
- Google will come back fighting hard
- supercomputer designed by IBM playing Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, two of the top winners of Jeopardy history
- Watson is offline, and preloaded with full encyclopedias, books, and information from the web.
- running on 10 Power 750 servers running Linux with 2880 cores
- with one core of Watson’s power he can answer a question in 2 hours, with 2880 it takes a mere 3 seconds.
- date set for Feb. 14-16
- practice round took place scores were as followed
- Watson – $4400
- Ken Jennings – $3400
- Brad Rutter – $1200
- Watson only won by answering the last $1000 question correctly, was tied prior to that with Jennings.
- Vudu is a 1080p video rental service
- You stream the movies for around $2 for 2 nights
- 3000 titles and expanding
- I’ve used it on Boxee, and I also like Amazon VOD
- No Netflix on Boxee Box yet.
- Why not? idk…
- WealthTV is the first linear feed on Roku and will be offered on a subscription basis at $2.99/month
- This means that the channel has a one way direction and can be watched like traditional cable.
- Cointent is also available on demand.
- WealthTV features content about earning and spending money.
- Including luxury lifestyle, aircrafts, exotic automobiles, fine dining, and travels.
- WealthTV is currently available to 11 million people through other delivery methods
- Roku has announced over 1 billion pieces of content streamed through their devices, the two will compliment one another.
Contact us on twitter @allgeekdottv my personal is @lenhartjames
Comments and Tips – firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Weaver – @cweaver85 or email@example.com
Chris West – firstname.lastname@example.org or allgeektv_cwest
Tune in next week for another episode of allGeek Every Week.