[E.03] allGeek Every Week
>By James Lenhart
Thanks for checking out [E.03] allGeek Every Week. Merry Christmas! We were a little busy this week with family stuff, so bare with us. Got off to a rough start with forgetting things like pressing the record button. But hey were here, and we made this happen just for you!
You can watch the unedited livestream video here: http://www.allgeek.tv/livestream/
- Lunar Eclipse
- Started at 1:30 AM EST on Tuesday Morning
- Supposed to be full blown by 3:15-3:30AM EST
- What color was it?
- First in 372 years
- PS3 App on Android and iPhone
- Will not initially launch in the US.
- Works on 1.6+ Android OS
- Will not play any games, only will give you the ability to view trophies and achievements.
- Buddy List/possible messaging..
- Apple & WikiLeaks have a breakup
- This was not an official WikiLeaks app
- Skype Goes Down
- Concerns with Chrome OS in the wild
- Talk about what we would expect chrome to turn into. Speculate on ideas for 3rd party solutions. Could even look up ideas as were talking about them to see if they are already out there.
- Pulse News Reader
- No ability to play or view media files. Strictly text.
- Google Presentation
- Just start some slides,save, and go home. It’ll be there when u get there.
- Google Books
- Google books is the app that connects to the new Google E-book Store
- Works very fast and snappy, however there are some quirks.
- no allGeek this week sorry. Next will be about Steve Wozniak
Rumors and Speculation
- Ipad 2 features
- Wide range speaker (which I cant find any information about) So maybe we can speculate on wtf a wide range speaker is. Maybe is allows a broader sound or something.
- Front Face Camera which weve talked about before, but doesnt apple restrict access to their camera to devs?
- Dual Core Processor
- Verizon LTE Phones
- Samsung Motorola and HTC rumored to be the initial manufacturers of the first LTE phones on Verizon
- Webinar is scheduled to start at 2:00 PM on Thu, Jan 6, 2011 CST.
- The meeting is for rackspacecloud managed servers, and a few new products they will be announcing. I accepted the invitation, and we’ll be covering it. I hope to cover it live possibly.
- We will also be covering Verizon Wireless during their CES event on Jan 6th. So there’s two things to look forward to next year.
- Free Xbox Games through the 31st.
- Contact us on twitter @allgeekdottv my personal is @lenhartjames
- Comments and Tips – email@example.com
- Chris Weaver – @cweaver85 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris West – email@example.com or allgeektv_cwest
- Tune in next week for another episode of allGeek Every Week.